Toothbrushes should be replaced every 3-4 months, or when the bristles get worn or frayed.
1. Smear a pea-sized amount of low-fluoride toothpaste onto a soft children's toothbrush.
2. Sit the child in your lap, facing away from you, or stand behind taller children. Tilt the child's head back against your body so you can see all the surfaces of the teeth.
3. Angle the bristles of the toothbrush towards the gum. Move the brush in gentle circles to clean the outer sides of the teeth and gums.
The 6 steps below show you how to Brush your
Child's Teeth correctly :
(18 months to 6 years)
4. Rush in gentle circles on the inside of the teeth and gums.
5. Brush back and forward on the chewing surface of the teeth.
6. After brushing all the surfaces, encourage your child to spit out the toothpaste.